Active meditation helps with depression in the following ways:
The active part of the meditation:
- brings you into contact with emotions, such as anger and sadness, which are buried under the depression
- creates a flow of energy in you: your life centre is activated
- brings you back into touch with your original impulses, so that you can start to follow your own life energy again
- charges your body with oxygen, so that your body gets more energy
- reduces tensions
The silent part of the meditation that follows:
- teaches you to watch your emotions more and more, without having to let yourself be determined by them
- brings you into contact with the silence within yourself
- brings you into contact with your core, with your consciousness, with the one in you who is watching - that is, who you are
The most healing meditation is the Osho Dynamic Meditation, which I offer on Sunday morning.
In addition, I can recommend the Meditation Course, and the Meditative Therapies: Osho Mystic Rose, Osho Born Again, and the self-hypnosis process: Reminding Yourself of the Forgotten Language of Talking to the BodyMind.
During the Meditation Weekends in silence in Nature we do 3 or 4 active meditations per day. It is a beautiful way to really feel how beneficial meditation is.
More information about the meditations and the meditation agenda can be found on my website